Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 new questions. What is every ones feelings about using the API test kits? I heard they were ok to use and then i heard they weren't very accurate. Also would it be a better idea to use 1 Koralia 3 pump or 2 Koralia nano power heads in a 40g tank?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me or is this site really slow? I posted a comment last night and it still hasn't shown up in this thread. Anyway, i got a new question. I found a good price on a coralife biocube, if i get one of those i shouldn't have to buy anything else equipment wise. Is that a true statement?

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
This guy is on a budget as he stated.
I used 2 Koralia nanos in a 75 and used API test kits for years with a lot of success.

It's fine to be on a budget, but he's better off taking a little more time saving and getting good things from the start. He'll save a lot more money in the long run and have a better system. If he takes a couple months lurking in the marketplace waiting for the good deals, there's no reason he can't find something better than 2 koralia nanos.

anselmo145

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You've stumbled upon a wonderful hobby for obsessive compulsive people. If this is for you, you will enjoy constantly improving your set-up until you go broke! If you are a set it and forget it type, I suggest you just get a chia pet, Bro. Live long and prosper!

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I put together purchasing piece by piece from fellow members here an entire setup 45g starphire glass with a stand, sump, remora skimmer t5/mh combo light fixture, dry shelf rock , live sand, for about $600.

Check out my thread on MR. not sure what your budget is but be patient and keep your eyes open on mr and you can find great deals piece by piece or even and entire setup from someone getting out.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
This is how much you need to start and keep a saltwater tanks. At least that's how it feels like we need.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1361035881.566610.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1361035881.566610.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 91

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Definitely got with atleast a 4 bulb, 2 koralia nanos is a horrible idea they didn't even give me close to enough flow in my biocube, koralia 3 will be way too strong go with 2 koralia 1's. Also you said coralife biocube..coralife doesn't make the biocube oceanic does so make sure you have the right tank.

Hans24hrs

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treedog5 do yourself a favor and either look for a used setup (can usually find someone moving or getting out of the hobby) or save your money up until you have enough to buy good equipment. I can say this from experience. You will no doubt end up wanting to go larger with your set up in time. Second, you will only be angry with yourself if you buy cheap stuff that will end up needing to be replaced do to under sizing (filter, skimmer, power heads ect...) or from it breaking. Third, I would say 99.9% one of the most important thing you can have for your tank is a great skimmer. You and your fish will be thankful for it. It would rather see you use HOB with a good skimmer than use the best canister out there ( my opinion, but I am sure others would agree). Also with a reef tank I recommend some kind of refugium, or have a couple of mangroves to help with impurities in the water.

Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of reef tanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: