Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent posted many up to date pictures or comments on how my tank is going but this is what my Nuvo 30 looks like so far. I just added some rock yesterday from Coral Theory, they are very helpful and we did some aquascaping at there store before i got home. This is what my tank looks like does anyone think i should change it up or leave it the way it is. Plus i seem to not understand if my skinmate protein skimmer is operating correctly if anyone has had some experience with it I would love to hear some feedback.

[
image_zpse0554316.jpeg

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
For most skimmers, you want to set your bubble production about 2-3 inches from the tip before going into the collection cup. I can't give you feedback but what you don't want to do is keep tinkering with it. Set it to the recommendation above and see if skimmate starts filling in the collection cup, if not adjust accordingly to raise or lower.

I prefer dry skim vs wet skim as wet skim will just overflow the collection cup with not much waste as desired.

If there isn't much info on this site about that particular skimmer, just browse nano-reefs.com or reefcentral as they likely have a wider range of users.

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For most skimmers, you want to set your bubble production about 2-3 inches from the tip before going into the collection cup. I can't give you feedback but what you don't want to do is keep tinkering with it. Set it to the recommendation above and see if skimmate starts filling in the collection cup, if not adjust accordingly to raise or lower.

I prefer dry skim vs wet skim as wet skim will just overflow the collection cup with not much waste as desired.

If there isn't much info on this site about that particular skimmer, just browse nano-reefs.com or reefcentral as they likely have a wider range of users.

Hey buddy!! How you doing!!

I have the same Skimmer and this skimmer is making lots of bubbles that goes to my tank, is really annoying see everyday all this little bubbles around the display, I've been trying to find the right level of foam to keep them out, and also I moved from the right to the left just thinking if this skimmer will work different because of the bubble trap sponge doesn't hit the glass from the bubble trap glass, but nothing works. What you recommend to stop the bubbles!! Thank you.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
skimmers have a break in period, and seeing you have nothing in the tank there really isnt much to skim, open the skimmer all the way and just let it run for now, meaning, if it have a twist valve for outlet, let it open all the way and see where ther wall of small bubbles is. making one small adjustment a day is best in dialing a skimmer in

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: