Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
so i show up to work today and my boss says here put this new pump on one of our 180 reef tanks, being a fairly experienced reefer said sure no problem. It was a tunze wave box, never working with one of them i figured it couldnt be that hard to figure that out so i said challenge accepted.....well that is where i went wrong, i open the box and other than the fact that there are like 9000 pieces/wires in the box(insert its over 9000 jokes here for the few of you that would get that reference) i think i would prefer an ikea special set of directions compared to this manual, its in like 6 languages and they are not grouped together. still i was slightly optimistic, i plugged the outlet cord into the power supply ballast and the photo cell into the controller NOW HERE IS WHERE I GET CONFUSED: 1. there are two ports to plug the actual pump for the wave box into, which do i use? 2. there are several different sized voltage chips that it says to plug into the bottom, the bottom of what there is no place for them to go? and 3. which i think is the most important of all, there is no place to plug the power supply into the actual pump or the controller!!! being confused i read the directions several times, googled around for at least a half hour even trying to find a video n youtube, asked every and any reef customer that walked into the store (even some of you on here) if they have seen or used a wave box only to get replies of how their tunze ato was a pain in the @$$ to install and then I even called in Jared (lfsmarineguy) for some backup to find out he had never used one before either which shocked me. well what i guess im saying is what in the world could i be missing, and if the previous questions can be answered how do i go about setting it?

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
pnly black pucks were the magnets, the transformer was black and rectangle not silver, nothing was silver, and it had the controller, not sure which model it was but the box itself was about 10 inches tall, 3-4 inches wide and about 5-6 inched deep the box just said tunze all over it no model number nothing

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
yea have power supply but there is no where for it to be plugged into on the controller, i was astounded as were my co workers and the customers that i asked for assistance

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
i think we may be talking of 2 different things, there is one wire which has the plug that will go into the wall, the other end of that goes to the ballast/power supply (or at least thats what i call it) which is the rectangular box and yes a bit heavy compared to the rest of the unit. from that box comes a wire that has a small circular plug which has no where to go, i wish i took pics before i left work... saying that, the controller for the unit which the pumps go, where the dials are, and the photo receptor cell go has nothing to recieve the power

Turbovr3six

HighTideCoral.com
Vendor
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Cord coming off the right goes to the controller. Cord on the bottom left goes into your power supply. Cord coming off the top right goes to the pump.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361946964.464933.jpg

Power fuses go into the bottom of the power supply box. They light up red when they have power to them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361947032.288332.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: