edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
no doubt any marine life will definitely do better in the ocean. Does that mean we all should quit the hobby???? I guess we all try as best as possible to recreate natural ocean conditions in our systems to successfully keep any type of marine life. Thats why research is a great thing and is exactly what i'm trying to do i maybe wrong but just thinking of leaving them in the ocean is kind of a contradicting ourselves. And by the way my system is 2 years old.

+1

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Great thread all day!!!! Here is the thing in my opinion brotha you need ample rubble rock and stocking your tank with a bottle of tigger pods is a good way to boost and increase the food count for these little guys , also if you have any other fish like wrasses that eat pods as well , you gotta keep your eye on the food balance.

The pile of rubble rock is in fact a very good idea , also rubble rock in your fuge helps also and yes they can make it through the foam filter at times and also when you change your sump sock , try to do it at night and shutdown your skimmer and let the water flow directly into your sump so that some pods can make there way back Into the sump .

You will see them in your filter sock squirming around so dunking your sump sock in the sump can help keep your count up.

Last but not least every few days , turn your light on in the middle of the night and you can see the pods running all over the place, ( or use a red light ) and this will give you an idea as to whether or not you need to restock your pods .

This is just info I have gathered from when I had my mandarin , I hope it helps.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
I enlarged a picture of one of those copepods.

That's killer lol

paris-hilton-001.jpg
that's killer bro lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: