AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just installed my Tunze yesterday and it was working fine for the first few hours until I noticed a flashing red light indicating that the water level was too low. I unplugged it and turned it back on again and it seemed to be working fine. Woke up this morning and it was topping off my sump. I just got a call from my GF telling me that its doing it again. In both situations, the sensor has been touching the water so I'm not sure what the problem is but if the water was too low then shouldn't it pumping RODI water into the sump until the water level was proper? Isn't that the whole point? My RODI reservoir has plenty of water. I've had the unit since October but running since yesterday and the controller has not been exposed to water. Check out the pic to get an idea where the controller is in relation to my sump. I also read something about magnetic fields possibly being a culprit but would have no idea how to figure that out. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Tunze ATO.jpg
    Tunze ATO.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 401

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Is your water being pumped correctly? I have noticed that if you dump the pump into the reserve, it is filled with air and sometimes needs to be tilted to do its job properly.

Otherwise you can ask Roger on the Tunze forum on RC. He is really helpful.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Is your water being pumped correctly? I have noticed that if you dump the pump into the reserve, it is filled with air and sometimes needs to be tilted to do its job properly.

Geraud that's a very good question! If I remember correctly, the pump is lying flat on the bottom of my RODI bucket. I did notice that it takes a while from when the yellow "pump on" light comes on to when the water actually starts trickling out of the tube. The reservoir is about 2 feet away from the sump so the tubing is a bit coiled up. Would it make sense to trim the tubing?

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Geraud took your advice also and tilted the pump and the top off seems to be flowing well. Thanks for the tip.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
anytime always looking to help[/I]

How has your ATO been working? Mine has started flashing too low again. I don't get it. both the RODI reservoir and the water in the sump are where they should be. I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and now its working again. Seems to work it feels like it.

vinnymang

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has your ATO been working? Mine has started flashing too low again. I don't get it. both the RODI reservoir and the water in the sump are where they should be. I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and now its working again. Seems to work it feels like it.

Try and move the location of the ATO pump in your reservoir bucket. An airpocket could be developing from time to time because of how the pump is situated.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: