samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
How can you reduce or eliminate floating particles in the water column. I don't think this is a bubble issue with the sump baffle. It's particle and it's an eye sore. Do you guys use filter pads to filter them out if so what kind or which one specifically helps. Or is there another solution that you use? I'm also using filter socks now but don't seem to help too much. thanks for your input.

Jan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure they aren't pods?

How can you reduce or eliminate floating particles in the water column. I don't think this is a bubble issue with the sump baffle. It's particle and it's an eye sore. Do you guys use filter pads to filter them out if so what kind or which one specifically helps. Or is there another solution that you use? I'm also using filter socks now but don't seem to help too much. thanks for your input.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
check your cal and alk.

My recent reading is 440 cal and 9.9alk, a bit high. My old reading was at around 9alk and 430cal. I have been having particale issue from the day i set up the tank.

Lower you durso pipe and maybe re-adjust your power head maybe its kicking up your sand a bit. Clean your filter socks more frequently
Durso pipe is not too high, i don't see it causing bubble or anything. using two vortech mp40es, i don't think it's kicking up sand but will check more closely. I try to switch out filter socks every 4/5 days.

What micron are your filter socks? Have you cleaned the sump out?
I have no idea....lol! what micron is recommended? Used a dry vac shop vacuum and clean out the sump 2 weeks ago.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
look closely at your returns. if you can, put them below water surface, and check for micro bubbles. how old is your tank? if you had this problem all the time, i would think its bubbles. sediment should have settled by now.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
The thing with the durso is if it is to high the particles will not get sucked up it will just float in and out of over flow box. I keep my water level 5in below the front holes of overflow. But i didnt when i first set my tank up and i was having the same problem as you

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Do u have high flow? I notice when i turn the pump to the rocks little pieces of white particles enter the water column. I was told it was bacterial film that's been building up on the surface of the rocks. Hope this shed some light on the issue.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: