rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I've made a huge mistake last night and I left my lights on all night, I woke up this morning to my yellow tang and clowns with white spots. What should I do? I plan on soaking food in garlic and feeding with lights off for a few days. Please help don't want to loose my livestock.

rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0

I don't have a quarantine tank and I just noticed the smaller clown on its side. Up until last night before I went to sleep they were fine. When I woke up this morning my wife asked if there was a reason I left the lights on, that's when I realized the lights were on all night.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Take a deep breath, take a step and observe you fish.

If you have ich then the early stages are fish scratching on anything they can find, even if they do it once every few hours.

Advanced ich u will notice white salt like spots.

Don't panic, you will need a 10 gallon fish tank, filter, heater.

Get Cupramine, 34 drops in a 10 gallon tank added over a 2 day period, leave fish in that tank for 3 weeks.

If its ich and the fish are still eating then u will save them.

If its ich and the fish are not eating, are lethargic, withdrawn then chances are lower.

Observe your fish before taking any course of action.

rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sad to say i lost all except a yellow tang and a clown. Hoping they make it through.
Losses include
1 manderin
1clownfish
1 royal gamma
1 flame angel
1 sand sifting goby

dannanovick

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
You guys can always try medicated food. In the past I've used metronidazole with some focus(seachem product). What I did was use some water mixed in the meds and the focus till it dissolved and then soaked food with this, whether frozen or pellets. I think pellets work better because they soak it in more.

I don't think the medication itself helps kill the ich, but what it will do is help your fish from getting a bacterial infection due to the harshness of the ich lifecycle on the fish's gills/skin.

So I rarely believe Ich itself kills the animal but makes the animal weak to the point it gets a secondary infection which is a bit to much to recover from.

Also, I do think its odd your fish came down with ich so severely after leaving your light on for 1 night. Are you sure its not velvet or something? Sounds to sudden to be ich.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Ich stays in the same spot Dailey where the fish sleep they are more active at night to feed & will fall of fish in the morning if fish is healthy. If fish is weak you will see the fish consumed with ich.

Good/bad

Fish need rest too to keep up their health lights must go off at night
In non-reef
Drop salt rise heat. Feed garlic
Chemical last

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: