zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers !!

Last night after I feed my corals , fishes and anemone, everything was looking good my anemone doesn't move of its place at all but i may think that in the middle of the night the anemone starts to move and this morning my wife as every morning she looks the tank to check her favorite corals, and she get notice than the long tentacled anemone was sucked by the out line of the canister filter, i didn't know what to do in the moment, so i just took it up out of the tank and i tried to help it out, but the outline is to tide that was very difficult to the anemone gets out by itself .

So did my best to hurt him more , and i finally take it out, and i check it to see how much was the damage and i could said that 65 to 75 % is ok the rest 25% was lost of probably 6 to 10 tentacles and part of it foot , so right away i put it back to the tank and little far away of the outline filter and after 10 or 15 minutes starts to open little by little.

I will like to know a method to cure it more effectively and to know how long time take it to recover ! I'll put a couple of pictures to let you know the before and after !!

Thank you reefers to help!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1364769528.967559.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1364769528.967559.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 216
  • ImageUploadedByReefs1364769545.628070.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1364769545.628070.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 207

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Cover the intake with a filter pad. But you will need to change it after a while cause it will start getting a bit dirty. Or you can make add an overflow box if you want to go a bit further with it.

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cover the intake with a filter pad. But you will need to change it after a while cause it will start getting a bit dirty. Or you can make add an overflow box if you want to go a bit further with it.

Hey thank you!! You know since couple months ago! I've been thinking to add a overflow box but i will need a sump, but i also i was thinking to add one of those HOB refugiums but its kind it hard to find them where i live and if i find it are kind expensive!! You know a online place to find one not to expensive but not to cheaper also?!

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another pic !! This is what i saw and that makes me sad :'( !! It might dying ? I've been thinking to put it into a little box more closer to the surface ! And keep it away from the fish and the crabs !! And i just turn on the light and the tentacles start to reach the light!! So what i could do just leave it there or i put it in to the breeder box for a time??

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1364781652.684425.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1364781652.684425.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 173

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok reefers, this is the damage !! Sadly I'm thinking that perhaps the anemone won't heal very soon, it might take to much time, but i will do my best to try to help it to recovering , because i don't want to waste 3 months of hard work to keep it healthy, was my first anemone and its very hard to lost it!! :'(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1364783637.579149.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1364783637.579149.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 161

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
It looks a little bleached but as long as your water parameters are good it should pull through.

I would reccomend as everyone said cover your intakes. any exposed grating with flow going or out can be an anemone soup maker.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I had a GBTA come back from worse.
Dont do anything to shock it and let it do whatever it wants to.
In other words, leave it alone and it should heal.
Dont try to spot feed it, instead feed the tank.

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks a little bleached but as long as your water parameters are good it should pull through.

I would reccomend as everyone said cover your intakes. any exposed grating with flow going or out can be an anemone soup maker.

Thank you!! Yeah I have been closing all the possibles areas that might drive it to the out line , and as soon as i get my day off i'll go to buy some pre filters to cover that!! Thanks

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a GBTA come back from worse.
Dont do anything to shock it and let it do whatever it wants to.
In other words, leave it alone and it should heal.
Dont try to spot feed it, instead feed the tank.

Thank you!! Some good news helps a lot!! Yeah!! I just leaving it alone!! I don't feed it yet because it starts to open its tentacles little by little!! Thank you for your answer!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: