devoinbk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey folks, my RTB split over a month ago, small guy didn't make it but the larger split did and was doing fine attached to a big rock flowing all day long and disappearing at night into the rock. About a week ago when I got home from work he had he dislodged himself and was lying mouth down in the sand bed. I place him (or her) in a plastic isolation container and left him in my tank. For the past week he has been shrinking down to the size of a half dollar at night and expanding 6"-8" during the day, but not looking healthy. Mouth open for a good part of the day. Clowns were very active wit hi prior to the dislodge. Water parameters are good, phosphates just slightly high. Any suggestions?

devoinbk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
no new additions, happen suddenly he dislodged and has been down hill since, BTW phosphates are down did a 30 gal water change. As I noted my clowns were pretty harassing to it prior to it dislodging

devoinbk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The nem when healthy was 7" in diameter when open and flowing. The 3 clown culprits, range from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inchs. 1-Ocellus, 1-Tru pru and 1 black and white. The largest was the ocellus and he dominated the nem, the others approached only after he left

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
It could have been the stress from the clownfish. Three clowns in a single nem is pushing it especially when its not dinner plate size.

Try to give it some space from the clowns or consider getting another anemone so that one can get some relief.

it might be water quality but i doublt it unless your phosphates were off the chart.

devoinbk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
you say no isolation? If I place him in the tank, he will not attach just blow around. He hasn't eaten since this all started. As early as last night while he was in the isolation container I tried some frozen blood worms but the didnt stick to him and the settled on the bottom of the container of just floated away

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: