How much Frozen Food should I feed?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I have a 75 gallon with 2 snowflake clowns (2" big), 1 flame angle (3" big), blue hippo (2" big), and a purple dottyback (3" big). How much frozen mysis shrimp should I be feeding them and how often?. I have been cutting the frozen cubes into 1/3 and feeding 1/3 a cube once per day, roaring every other day with some cyclopeeze. Is this good enough or To much? Thanks

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
IMO, 2 or 3 times a day is better... Give them as much as they can consume in a few minutes. If you watch your fish, they are constantly 'hunting' for food, so once a day does not seem right, to me.

Jan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish nibble and pick all day in the ocean. they are opportunistic feeders. You want to mimic their natural environment as often as possible. I suggest feeding small portions, 2-3 times a day. Feed no more than they will eat in 3 minutes. If you see food floating around after 3 mins you may have fed too much.

I'd also soak that mysis in vitamins. Mysis has very little nutrition. It adds fat, but that's about it.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Fish nibble and pick all day in the ocean. they are opportunistic feeders. You want to mimic their natural environment as often as possible. I suggest feeding small portions, 2-3 times a day. Feed no more than they will eat in 3 minutes. If you see food floating around after 3 mins you may have fed too much.

I'd also soak that mysis in vitamins. Mysis has very little nutrition. It adds fat, but that's about it.
If I soak the food in seachem garlic should I strain it before putting it into the tank or just drop the soaked food straight in ?

Featured Sponsors