Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank has been set up for 2 years now..... its a 6g fluval edge the lighting is an 8w innovative marine skkye light aswell as a 10w cfl bulb.i use real ocean water from petco so the water chemistry is at perfect. idk what to do.

dont know what the problem is but none of my corals will open. any opinions?

oh and all of the corals are soft corals...

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
the tank has been set up for 2 years now..... its a 6g fluval edge the lighting is an 8w innovative marine skkye light aswell as a 10w cfl bulb.i use real ocean water from petco so the water chemistry is at perfect. idk what to do.

dont know what the problem is but none of my corals will open. any opinions?

oh and all of the corals are soft corals...

What do you top off with? Have you been topping off with ro water or fresh water. I hope you haven't been adding saltwater. It's best to provide actual readings.

Salinity, temp, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphates. To start off with.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
"use real ocean water from petco so the water chemistry is at perfect" really!
You give us no useful info to help you. Example.
Water evaporates. Do you replace it with non sea water. If not, then it is a miracle your tank lasted this long.
If you do test salinity and ammonia and etc and all seems fine then I would assume the corals are killing each other. No way to measure their chemical warfare other than by obsrvation of your tank. If this is the problem then change a gallon a day for the next six days and it should improve. But in general small tanks have this problem since there is very little water to dilute the problems. If you don't do testing then start testing and it will tell you what your problems are.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
The only times that this has happened to me has been when I add to much of something too quickly.

If literally all of your corals are not opening you disturbed/stressed them by doing something to drastic.

too big of a water change
temp swing
you added chemicals, too much too fast

Something is off, your parameters cannot be dead on if all are shut closed

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: