rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Readings are very high alk dkh over 14 and mag over 1400,
28jbj nano, did 2 water changes within the last 3 days and turned skimmer off for almost a week. I treat with kent part a&b every other day and aquavitro fuel every 3 days. Noticed a significant increase in algae possibly because skimmer is off.
What else can I do to bring levels down?:confused:

henrystyle

Bad Mutha Shut Your mouth
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Why are you dosing?
Whats in the tank?
If your corals aren't using the alk, calcium, etc your adding, your levels will rise every time you dose. You have to figure out what your tank uses daily then dose accordingly to keep your parameters steady. Don't follow product instructions on those additives..
Every tank is different.

Last edited:

rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
YEAH SO IM GOING TO TOSS THE AQUAVITRO AND NOT DOSE AT ALL FOR THE NEXT WEEK. I GOT A NEWBORN BABY. 1 MONTH TODAY SO IM REALLY TRYING TO SHOW MY WIFE I CAN KEEP THE REEF UP LMAO. WATER CHANGES IM GOING TO DO ABOUT 2 gallons A DAY FOR THE NEXT WEEK AND HOPEFULLY READINGS COME BACK TO NORMAL. SHOULD I WAIT UNTILL AFTER THEN TO DO MY TESTING? :/

rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
There are some zoos and acans, rbta, leather, green mushrooms, polyps, frogspawn, duncans. Maroon clown, sand sifting star, small flasher wrasse, couple cromis, 1 cleaner and 1 peppermint shrimp, also a dime sized hippo tang.

fireshark02

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
With your bio load theres no need to dose anything at all. Soft corals and lps dont really consume alk and cal. No need to do a water change everyday. Maybe a bi weekly of 5 gallons then check again. You can also test your fresh salter patams to make sure you didnt get a bad batch. Congrats on the new born

henrystyle

Bad Mutha Shut Your mouth
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
With your bio load theres no need to dose anything at all. Soft corals and lps dont really consume alk and cal. No need to do a water change everyday. Maybe a bi weekly of 5 gallons then check again. Congrats on the new born

+1. Problem solved.
Congrats on your new child!
Make sure you sit your baby in front of the tank. I read somewhere awhile back that by doing that, it enhances the infants mind. Baby might just grow up loving the hobby.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
+1. Problem solved.
Congrats on your new child!
Make sure you sit your baby in front of the tank. I read somewhere awhile back that by doing that, it enhances the infants mind. Baby might just grow up loving the hobby.

My kid 6 months. Loves staring at the tank. Calms him and I'm glad theres documentation that it enhances his mind

rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
She has to choice but to grow up loving it! It's one of my overall goals lol.
Thanks for the congrats! They are right when they say kids change everything!

rsinanan415

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Hey guys

So I'm still fighting with my tank, it was a bad batch I was doing water changes and realized my hammer and frogspawn weren't re opening and when I tested the water everything was off the charts. My fish are okay but I'm loosing my corals one by one. As of yesterday things started to get crazy with the extra evaporation from my fan I added to keep the tank cool. So I'm at the point where I have to make the decision to either break down and start over or continue with the fight

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: