Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for everybody, will an anemone spike a tank if it is eaten by a cc starfish. See I have a rbta and he looks like he's about to die, and I just noticed my cc starfish has one of his legs on a couple of the rbta tentacles. Ive been hesitant about taking the rbta out of the tank cause I want him to get better but I know he's not. I would feel better if the cc starfish was able to eat him without spiking the tank.

Coral Theory

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Any dying animal in a tank will cause nitrate spikes in the tank. If you were planning on keeping an anemone, you should look into getting rid of the CC star as they will eat inverts.

Out of all curiousity, how old is your tank? Is it possible that your tank is relatively new and cannot support the anemone.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is going on 2 years now. My water parameters are right where there supposed to be. I do want to get rid of the cc starfish, but I dont wanna kill the rbta (knowing its gonna die, but hoping it will live). I'd rather let the cc starfish have a good dinner.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had t have e rbta about 4 months now. When I purchased it it was completly white. At the time I didnt know it wasnt supposed to be that color, but the lfs ( in long island) didnt tell me this. They sold it to me anyway. I normally do my research but I was in the area and it was cheap so I said what the hell. When I got home I did my research, and decided to try and bring this little guy back his health and color, and I was successful. He was happy so I thought. In the past month he was looking really bad so of course I do some more research and from the looks of it hes gonna die.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: