SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
First off this hollywood stunner chalice got blown off my frag rack and zapped one of my favorite coral purple polyp birds nest . It got it right at the base,some tissue loss in that spot,do I have to cut it past the dead part and re mount to a plug ir will it grow back.Second question I have a acro frag I just placed in between 2 rocks just to see where the coral was gonna be happy, and a little nub started to grow on the other rock.i dont want the coral there its too close to another one which I cant move. Can I pull it off the rock will it hurt the coral,the nub is like a teardrop size that grew onto the rock next to it. Thanks.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
from my experience, if i didn't cut it, it would keep on creeping further up the coral.
dont know about acro, but i would try peeling it off. maybe you'll loose the little piece.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
My hollywood stunner has stung 2 birdsnest colonies and they have not died. Leave it be so you dont stress it. I have another birdsnest near my anemone and it has stung that one as well and its still growing and thriving

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
i Fraged It AlreadyThe Bottom Where The Sting Was Had Dead TissUe So I Cut It.it Grows Pretty Fast I Just Sucked It Grew Nice Now Its The Same Size When I Got it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: