fishn00b83

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been piecing together a AGA 125 megaflow (overflows on the back wall) for a few weeks now. I built my sump this past weekend out of a 40 long. I have 3 sections: far left is the intake w space for a skimmer, center is the return, and the right has the fuge. I have the plumbing planned to throw 75% of the water to the skimmer, and the rest through the fuge.

I plan on doing a lot of corals lps and sps. I'm having trouble figuring out what skimmer and return pump to get. I was thinking of getting a super reef octopus sro2000int, but I'm not sure if its enough for my tank. I really need help picking out a return pump too. I have been looking at eheim pumps, but I'm not sure about what gph I need.

I am buying 2 tunez 6105s with a apex controller, and 3 ai sols in the next two weeks. Can anyone help me out and tell me if I'm on the right track here? Is the skimmer strong enough, or should I get something else? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I'm using a Triton 5 as my return on a 125 with a bean animal overflow. It works great. I've only been using it for a month tho, so Idk about long term.
As far as the skimmer, I'm using a Vertex Omega 150. I'm liking it so far, but again, only been using it for a month.
Good luck with your tank :beer:

fishn00b83

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like you're building my tank! I have a mega flow 2 rear overflow 125 with 2 6105s. you'll definitely have enough flow in there. the only thing that bothers me is the amount of space the overflows take up, they are massive. I am in the middle of upgrading to a 180 and I'm purposely getting a non RR tank just so I can have as much space inside as possible. the aga megaflows are great tanks, just plan your aquascape really good (the exact opposite of what I did) and you'll love it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: