KaeSean

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Read Online It's Not Exactly Uncommon But I Got These Two Days Ago. Haven't Seen Them Since, And Now He's On The Sand Upside. Is That How They Sleep Or Could He Be Dead? No Fish Are Picking On Him, My Water Is Fine, All Fish And Corals Are Thriving. Help!

krazime

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.5%
21   3   0
Maybe a picture would help? im sure you can tell if he's dead or not. i had firefish before and at night they are hiding.

I Read Online It's Not Exactly Uncommon But I Got These Two Days Ago. Haven't Seen Them Since, And Now He's On The Sand Upside. Is That How They Sleep Or Could He Be Dead? No Fish Are Picking On Him, My Water Is Fine, All Fish And Corals Are Thriving. Help!

KaeSean

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a picture would help? im sure you can tell if he's dead or not. i had firefish before and at night they are hiding.

I Saw It Move Also, Not Sure if That Was The Powerheads Though

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1371823646.232836.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1371823646.232836.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 509

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I think he kicked the bucket. Esp from the looks there is sand on its tail. Therefore no movement. Sorry. :(

I don't like to purchase any new arrivals. I usually asked how long the fish has been in the tank and whether or not they are eating. I also ask for them to feed a little bit for observation.
And lastly, QT is important. You don't know what hitchhikers are coming in; until its too late.

KaeSean

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he kicked the bucket. Esp from the looks there is sand on its tail. Therefore no movement. Sorry. :(

I don't like to purchase any new arrivals. I usually asked how long the fish has been in the tank and whether or not they are eating. I also ask for them to feed a little bit for observation.
And lastly, QT is important. You don't know what hitchhikers are coming in; until its too late.

I bought two, one is like that. The other I can't find. I guess I'll buy another one this week. After I see the missing one come out

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I bought two, one is like that. The other I can't find. I guess I'll buy another one this week. After I see the missing one come out

Forgot to mention that I recently got a purple firefish and he hides most of the time under the rocks. Comes out on occasions and when I'm feeding. So the other one is likely in there hiding somewhere.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Where did you buy it? Bring it back they should make good for it. But call first tell them what happen. I like when fish are in bag and store didn't put it in there tank. But you have to look good at fish and Qt him slowly. Other wise the fish has to settle in fish store tank for a few days or a week. But likely the fish store will sale it right away.

KaeSean

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you buy it? Bring it back they should make good for it. But call first tell them what happen. I like when fish are in bag and store didn't put it in there tank. But you have to look good at fish and Qt him slowly. Other wise the fish has to settle in fish store tank for a few days or a week. But likely the fish store will sale it right away.

I called, they don't refund. They said since its my first loss put it under my sand for bacteria ...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: