yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Hello,

Is anyone else using the IM's minimax reactor? I'm running GFO in mine and I'm having trouble getting the right amount of tumble.

Because the pump feeds the chamber directly I can't use a ball valve to lower the flow. The pump has 4 speeds and even the lowest is too strong.

Not sure what to do.

Suggestions welcome.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
You have to play with the knob on top to slow it down. Pretty cool reactor but does not hold as much as advertised.
I currently have mine running with gfo/carbon. Mixed. So no tumble required.

Have you found that once you have it dialed it it stays that way? I've found the right amount of tumble temporarily, but it always seems to go back to being too strong.

What kind of carbon are you running? Carbon on top or bottom? Do you have a sponge separating them?

jcs11236

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
No I mix it up. Just the same way the guys from BRS do it in the reactor how to video. I use brs rox carbon. Yes I have it set to max. And it stays that way. I marked the reactor where I know the flow is at its max. No tumble needed.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
No I mix it up. Just the same way the guys from BRS do it in the reactor how to video. I use brs rox carbon. Yes I have it set to max. And it stays that way. I marked the reactor where I know the flow is at its max. No tumble needed.

Ok, thanks for the info. I have it dialed in now. I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

Thanks again!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: