ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Can I use vertex bio pellets in one of the chambers of my vertex calcium reactor?

Many months ago I read that I shouldn't use bio pellets with my calcium reactor....I haven't had any real issues since I stopped using it when I set up my calcium reactor.... But the bio pellets did help control po4...now I'm noticing very very very little hints of brownish red on the glass just a slight haze and it doesn't get any worse than that it'll turn green or ill get coraline algae before that happens......slacked on my tank for a while do to long days of work for months......didn't take care of my tank for quite a while .....no carbon, no cleaning skimmer for weeks, or filter socks.....nothing but feed fish.....lost a few Sps colonies but surprising a lot survived and finally my tank is pretty much up to par....but....can I put bio pellets in an empty chamber in calcium reactor?

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
the cal reactor is recirculating the same water with in the reactor. with biopellets you need to circulate water thru the reactor out to skimmer.

My reactor doesn't recirculate the final chambers ....I have 2 one I have mg and the other is empty..
fe667364a478d328c744164c7873d552.jpg

The main chamber circulates but the output goes through the last two chambers and out of the reactor working like a two little fishes reactor......I'm not running anything for phosphates for at least a few months now but would like to run it again.....
Do you still think I shouldn't use the vertex bio pellets?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
it will clog up, and if you read up on bio pellets they need a tumbling flow and the output from pellets next to the input of the skimmer, foam pads clog pretty quick with pellets also, i have a thread on here somewhere in reguards to use of bio-pellets

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
it will clog up, and if you read up on bio pellets they need a tumbling flow and the output from pellets next to the input of the skimmer, foam pads clog pretty quick with pellets also, i have a thread on here somewhere in reguards to use of bio-pellets

Gotya yea your right...I had the pellets in a mrshorty tumbling nice previously...maybe ill do that again..but again is there any reason that I shouldnt use them or maybe I just read in the past that I shouldn't use with that reactor

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: