Smallreef41

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Starting up my tank, added dr tims one and only nitrifying bacteria, PH,nitrite,nitrate are all perfect except for the ammonia which is lingering around .5. The tank is only 2 days old, but dr Tim advertized fish could go in right after the one and only did, but not in this case. So the question is how do I lower that ammonia?
Thanks,
Steve

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Welcome to MR!

Don't rush it at this stage. Let it sit for a couple weeks regardless of what "Dr. Tims" bacteria bottle says.

Allowing your tank to "fully" cycle will prevent fish loss,algae growth and many other headaches down the road.

Central Aquariums Corp.

Maxreefaquatics.com
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
no livestock, once amonia is finished cycle your going to go into nitrite then nitrate. then should get a diatom bloom, corals can be added but not suggested, but for fish add one to two fish then wait a few weeks before adding anymore. a new fish is adding to the bioload and the tank needs to catch up for each fish added

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
"Starting up my tank, added dr tims one and only nitrifying bacteria, PH,nitrite,nitrate are all perfect except for the ammonia"

Well, if you would have tested it earlier they would have all been perfect.
So it is obvious that you have no idea what you are getting into. Yes, we can answer questions as you go along but you will be doing it the hard way. Save yourself a lot of money and frustration and start reading. Lots of info on MR. Read about cycling your tank and then ask questions. And as said above you need patience in this hobby.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: