yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I have a 34 gallon tank. I'm presently running 4 pumps. Is there any way to merge 1 or 2 or 3 of them?

I have 2 different returns (both on the left side of the tank, in the same chamber) I suppose this will be he easiest to merge. Both returns are mag1200. Maybe I should swap them out for a mag5 or so? Where can I get a tub that has a double out?

I have another 2 pumps, one for my skimmer and 1 for my phosban reactor. Any way to merge them?

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
i think one mag 12 should run both returns and your reactor.
you will need to make a manifold, so you can run a few items from one pump.
what size returns do you have, cause you must be restricting those pumps. i didn't think your over flow can handle 2400 gph.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Hi Edd,

Sorry, I didn't mean Mag 1200! :) I meant maxi jet 1200. I think their gph is 245 each. 2400 gallons would literally destroy my tank!

Do you think a Mag7 or 9 would be enough for both returns, reactor and the skimmer? Or, should I leave the skimmer with it's own pump?

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
you would have to know what your returns are rated for. or some one with a 34 can tell you what pump their running and add for reactor.
not sure about skimmer, but i think leave it on its own.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Have you considered going with a different pump?
Mag pumps are really inefficient compared to other brands.
While you are reconfiguring your setup you could find a more efficient pump.

I agree,
May spend more on the pump itself but less in long run. Using eheim 1262 for mine, and have thought about using it to run more than return line
I'm sure they have smaller sized eheims than 1262

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: