Frankie Marble

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how can i create a 30 gallon sump DIY

What's up bvega? I like to see people doing DIY projects.... It makes the hobby much more interesting. Anyways I built my own Sump/Refugium out of a 40g breeder.

I guess what u have to ask yourself is what do you plan on doing with the sump. Then depending on the type of system you wanna run I could help you further. But as far as baffles go, I used c**** plastics for the acrylic & used egg crate to build racks. Pretty cool stuff I'll upload a pic for you.

Frankie Marble

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a couple, one before the cycle & one during the cycle. Hope it helps.... If u have any questions feel free to pm me.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1376538594.394418.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1376538594.394418.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 231
  • ImageUploadedByReefs1376538661.773275.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1376538661.773275.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 232

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
wassup im trying to create the same thing you have. i want a sump with a refugium, i just bought a protein skimmer and a UV sterilizer and an overflow box

V.Shaq

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What's up bvega? I like to see people doing DIY projects.... It makes the hobby much more interesting. Anyways I built my own Sump/Refugium out of a 40g breeder.

I guess what u have to ask yourself is what do you plan on doing with the sump. Then depending on the type of system you wanna run I could help you further. But as far as baffles go, I used c**** plastics for the acrylic & used egg crate to build racks. Pretty cool stuff I'll upload a pic for you.

+1 Think of how you want it setup. My Reef Tank Sump is setup so water enters from the right camber into a filter sock in the same camber is my CPR Bak Pack 2 pump. The middle camber is my return as well as my Carbon and PhosBan reactors. The left camber is my refugium water enters from the DT from a separate feed I use 3 airline/dripper tubes to flow water through it. I feel the refugium should have less/controllable flow so the macro and LR have a chance to remove nutrients, my thoughts you can do as you wish.

Last thing is make sure you figure out how much water your DT drains down when you shut the return pump off so you can figure out how high you can make your baffles.

GLWB.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: