SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I been thinking about getting a dosing pumps Is there a way to prevent overdosing on a stand alone unit or only when connected to a apex or controller.Also if you spread out the dose over 24 hr would you use the same amount you do as manual dose,lets say 40ml manual will it have the same affect as 40 ml over 24 hrs?I havent been able to dose at the same time everyday with work and fishing.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
+1 .... water paramounts would be more stable. Instead of one dose say 40 ml in one time the dose could be divided 4x during the day. Like every 6 hours 10 ml 4x = 40ml in 24 hrs. But right now manual 40ml isn't too much. When you start adding more than a doser is the way to go. Especially if you have SPS and SPS start taken more of ALK.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
ps: regarding the effect of spreading your dosing rather than dumping once a day. You can see here how it affects the pH: many small spikes rather than a single large one. I personally prefer that.

Attachments

• dosing.jpg
    dosing.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 160

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: