M

Moneymaks24

In my experience Out of all things in the reef hobby, Chaeto is the hardest thing to keep alive. Much harder than sps lps or any fish or invert i ever had.

Bought it 3 times already always dies. I give up and yes i have the proper 6500k bulbs on it. Tried 24/7 or 12/7 nothing works this stuff is impossible !!!

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I dont have a sump i use an ac70 moded to a fuge. I keep chaeto and red something algae in it. It never grows and i know for a fact i always have at least 20ppm nitrates and some phosphates. I use a 6500k bulb just like a typical ac70 mod.

Main reason i even keep it on my tank is that it grows some bad algae like hair inside the ac70 so basically its a cheap algae scraper more than a nutrient exporter.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
I have it in my 24 gallon. I stuff it in cracks and corners it just grows. Every once in a while it seems to die away but then I move some rock and find these clumps of it hidden from sight.

Klewis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I have chaeto in my sump and its been about a year since my light fixture died. It hasn't grown much but it's still there. Just flow and ambient light. Maybe you did chaeto wrong in a past life and this is payback. :biggrin::biglaugh:

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Thanx guys i guess ill have to get a refugium one of these days when i get a drilled tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: