Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hi guys, what kind dose do you use on your coral??

I am looking at the following items...

Kent Iodide
Kent PhytoPlex Phytoplankton
Kent Chromaplex Phytolankton
Zooplanktos-M

Thanks

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
Dose or food?

Dont dose food, just feed your fish tank once or twice a week a tiny amount of that phyto stuff if you want, thats not dosing, that is feeding.

not really sure if you mean feeding or adding nutrients to the water.

Mak

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I wanna my coral to grow and to bring out the color of it..

Dose or food?

Dont dose food, just feed your fish tank once or twice a week a tiny amount of that phyto stuff if you want, thats not dosing, that is feeding.

not really sure if you mean feeding or adding nutrients to the water.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
only thing I can tell you is that you need to learn the difference between types of corals.

Then learn what each of those types needs. A reply will simply be too long, fortunate for you this information can be found on the world wide web and its freeeeeee, consider it your first freebie if you will

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
only thing I can tell you is that you need to learn the difference between types of corals.

Then learn what each of those types needs. A reply will simply be too long, fortunate for you this information can be found on the world wide web and its freeeeeee, consider it your first freebie if you will

We are here to help the community not to refer them to the WWW. I have sent you a PM. The whole purpose of a forum with such a great community of people is to be able to teach the knowledge we have to others that are in need. (you got a message)

Last edited:

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
I have had fish tanks since I was a kid and corals on and off for about 10 years.

Learning about corals is best and easiest when we research each item and learn how to care for them.

Lead a horse to water.....

I could have replied with some long winded "expert" reply and very little of it would have registered.

Softies
LPS
SPS

Research is what has this world as advance as it is today in comparison to where it was 100 years ago, tough cookie if you did not like it, I rather empower than write a bunch of "expert" stuff.

In the spirit of killing more time, to the person that started this thread.

Don't add anything to your tank until you research by name the needs of each of your corals.

We are here to help the community not to refer them to the WWW. I have sent you a PM. The whole purpose of a forum with such a great community of people is to be able to teach the knowledge we have to others that are in need. (you got a message)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: