n3hihz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
This is non-reef related but is tank related.

I have a 60G rimless tank that will be filled at 60% for my turtle, I have a metal stand that's 36"x18". Was thinking about putting 3/4 inch Cabinet grade compressed birch on top, wondering if it would hold.

If anyone has any input it would help.

Thanks

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
So you are just placing the wood underneath the tank correct?

If this is what I am to assume based on your description of a "front and back".
Then you should be ok.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I think it will be fine..if you think about it they sell metal stands for a 75 gallon which can also be used for a 90 gallon and i believe a 110 gallon fits also...at 8.83 lbs per gallon I think your fine.and for an example look at the link below and see what I did with a metal stand

n3hihz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I think it will be fine..if you think about it they sell metal stands for a 75 gallon which can also be used for a 90 gallon and i believe a 110 gallon fits also...at 8.83 lbs per gallon I think your fine.and for an example look at the link below and see what I did with a metal stand

Im not so much worried about the stand. I'm worried about the board that will overhang on top. Just not sure how well 3/4" will hold.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: