mskvarenina

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm started up a new tank, first in over 10 years. The talk is dry and empty and the CaribSea dry sand just arrived. The bag said it does not have to be rinsed but may be cloudy for a few days. It also says I could rinse it.

How would you start this tank and add the sand? I can't image how to rise 80 lbs of dry sand and add it to the tank.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
First add your rocks into the tank. Get your aquascape the way you want it. Then in a large rubbermaid or one bag at a time in a 5g bucket and rinse with tap water a few times till its not as cloudy. You could do it outside with the garden hose too. Do a final rinse or two with RO water. Now that you've rinsed the sand add it to the tank. Good luck in your build!

mskvarenina

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 90 lbs of BRS reef saver rock coming this Friday.

I wonder if I could just put my RO supply at the bottom of the 5g pail and a drain hose at the top and just let it drain off the top down the drain. If I rinse with tap water, didn't I already contaminate the sand?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: