Chris Vo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I recently bought 3 bluegreen chromis and one of them didn't make it (I think). Haven't seen it for 2 days. 50g tank with 50lbs I live rock. He was always hiding ever since I brought him home. The Problem is, I don't see him anywhere and I don't want to tear my tank apart to find his body. Is it ok to leave him in there until he floats where I can see him--assuming he's dead?

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Don't worry about it, worms and such will work on it. It's not a big fish. Blue green chromis are delicate most times i lose at least one very time i buy.

ctcorals

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
ur tank is too small to solve that problem of dead fish,i will take it out right the way.but if the small fish die should be less harmful than big one,since u cannt find it n u have cleanning clue in ur tank will taking care of it,that i think is ok mow.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
ur tank is too small to solve that problem of dead fish,i will take it out right the way.but if the small fish die should be less harmful than big one,since u cannt find it n u have cleanning clue in ur tank will taking care of it,that i think is ok mow.

No offense but did you even read what you wrote? You completely contradicted your own opinion by first disagreeing with what had been posted by long time members and then finishing off agreeing with them. If you're going to try to give people advice or opinions make sure they're legible and accurate otherwise they're not helpful.

To the original poster like stated above your clean up crew will take care of it. You may get a small ammonia spike but as long as your tank is cycled and decently established it will not pose any problems and your biological filtration will take care of the ammonia pretty much as soon as the body is devoured.

You may also find that he's alive by him just appearing again one day. Either way you'll be fine. Good luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: