bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Can someone tell me why I bought a powder blue tang last week and as of yesterday it vanished.

I have a scopas tang 4"
Baby dwarf lionfish 2"
Platinum clown 2"
Six line wrasse 1"
Two shark cats 2 1/2"
Blue Golden sleeper head 3"
Arrow crab 2"
Decorator crab 3"
Hermits 1"
Snails 1"
Curly cue anemone 1"

65 gallon tank, non RR
Plenty of LR

Do I have worms or mantis shrimp

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
That fish went carpet surfing or it died and u r clean up crew took car of it

By the way bvage how the he'll did get those fresh water sharks in ur reef tank ???

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Petco's livestock is generally poor. This does range from store to store as many people have success from certain stores.

They do not practice any of the precautions or qt practices that "some" local privately owned stores do.

In my opinion their whole operation is poor when it comes to salt water. Their employees are not given the tools or knowledge to properly run a marine section.

Where do you live? Maybe someone can give some suggestions on other stores in your area.

First thing I would do is search for a new place to obtain fish. Secondly, your knowledge and husbandry. I don't know your experience level but I'm guessing it's low. And that's perfectly fine, Stick around here and ask questions and you will be on the right track.

Id rather you ask and receive advice then continue to waste money and support a poor system.

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Thanks man I appreciate the advice, yes I'm very new to the game. Started last year October, I shop at petco (union square, columbus square) and petland (Kingsbridge, 103rd street and broadway)

I been to exotic reefs in Yonkers and I live in Harlem.

So what do you think about the fish disappearance...is it my tank or is there a pest, or is it the poor quality health of the fish.

Id rather you ask and receive advice then continue to waste money and support a poor system.[/QUOTE]

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
Thanks jonnyj For Clearing Some That Up bvega I Been All Those U Mention And They Are All Terrible Expecially The One in union square I would not take anything from there even if it was free ...to be Honest u are lucky u didn't get a ich outbreak all the fish always have ich along with who knows what else

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Fish could have died and been eaten up by cuc easily....
Do you have a cover on your tank for jumpers? This is a great site for information/help but only if you have thick skin in some cases. If your in ny lots of great stores to check out, qt tank might be a good investment if have room, and let tank mature a little bit and balance out some. Tell us about your setup, equip, maintenance, ECt...

bvega789

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Yes but I don't understand why they disappear so quickly and for the simple fact that the fish I had longer survive.

I have a 65 gallon tank
Plenty of LR &LS

A tang
A Sixline wrasse
A shark cat
A platinum clownfish
A engineering goby

The biggest fish is the tang

Inverts:
Pom Pom crab
Strawberry crab
Arrow crab
Many snails and hermits

Equipment:

I'm using an overflow box, which goes down to my wet dry filter that I turned into As sump with LR and bio balls
I have a 125 gallon skimmer and a uv sterilizer and two power heads

I have current USA t5's

Tank has been running since October it went from a 40 breeder to the 65g

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
It's the place you get them from. The last time I bought from petco both cardinal fish died. However I have bought 3 fish from manhattan aquariums, and haven't quarantined and have yet to lose a single one.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: