Status
Not open for further replies.

chefsreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would like to know what lights most people like and use most.also which one people think are the best.

1: AquaIllumination Hydra LED Fixture
2: Kessil A360 Controllable LED Aquarium Light - Tuna Blue
3: AquaIllumination Vega Blue LED Fixture
4: 24 Inch Orphek Power Reef PR156 LED Light Fixture
5 :EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w G2 LED Light Fixtures

QueensRob

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Kessel

I did the research before building my own led from chips from china and Kessel is the best. There are actual science involved in those lights. Look at the youtube videos and see the difference between the different fixtures. The glimmer off the rocks are insane.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
orphek one of them takes the place of 2 of the others and imo kessils are only for smaller tanks i believe they will fall far in the fight for power for anything deeper than 20-24 inches

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
T5's lol ?. 400w radium ;)
I kid, I kid :)

IMO every lighting has it's application. chefsreef, it would help to know what size tank and what your stocking plans are to give a better recommendation.

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
I acquired an Apex Neptune Unit this past Christmas and recently switched from the Fathom "Hydra Series" LED's to AI Sol Blues and love them. I love the ability to fully program and control my entire system through my Apex. I can alter my settings from my iPhone, iPad, iPod and Mac Book Pro via Wifi.

Last edited:

mskvarenina

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased 2 Hydra's for my 90g replacing a 4 bulb T5. The T5's were much too bright and bland looking meaning while the bulbs were all fancy tems and this, it still looked like cafeteria lighting.

The Hydra is a completely different animal. Zero noise from the cooling fans (compared to the T5 fixure which was noticably louder than the rest of my tank). And you just cannot beat, not at all the customization of the colors and levels. My tank wakes up in the morning at 6:30am. Looks great all dim and by the time I'm leaving for work it's on brighter. At night when I get home it's at my maximum brightness (which is much lower than the Hydra will go) and it stays that way until about 10 when it starts to dim down. By midnight it's just a deep dark blue and a little while later as I go up to bed it shuts down completely.

The clouds and lighting effect may sound goofy but it's actually pretty cool if you sent it for a very low probability, mine is 2% of the time and then once in a while the tank will "cloud out" dimming and changing colors and once in a while it will flash bright white for a few minutes. It's actually a cool "random" change.

And when I'm in the mood I grab my iPhone, fire up the AI app and change some colors from my couch. Very cool and useful!

I hear the Radions are similar so I would definitely recommend either of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: