M

Moneymaks24

I got this blenny last week and he doesn't seem to eat anything I have ( frozen herbivoire and flakes and purple sea weed) he ate half my monti already,

I can care less about the coral, I just want to make this lil guy eat, any suggestions?

I have some algae in the tank which he grazes on but apparently it's not enough since he eats sps. Thnx

Jhoehlein

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My Pictus takes mysis and Spectrum pellets, though he happily grazes on algae all day as well. It took him some time to accept it though, I was lucky enough (sort of) to be battling some hair algae at the time which kept him plump when he was refusing. Best advice I can give is to keep at it, maybe try some garlic in the food as well. Try tying some of the seaweed to a rock, he may be more inclined to try something he can graze.

As for the coral eating... in my experience food level doesn't alter behavior that much. My blenny loves to chew on Monti Caps. I just don't try them anymore because I know he'll gnaw on them regardless of how full he is. He ignores my Digi and Undata, he only bothers Caps. While I'm sure yours will be better behaved when it starts eating more, his personality quirks might be something you'll have to learn to live with.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I got 2 little fish Seaweed sheets ( red, green and purple ) I'm putting them on a mag clip but I havnt seen him eat it yet.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I actually always had and liked these pellets, and after speaking with ORA they said this is what they fed them so I tried it and it worked. Maybe he'll stop eating the Monti now haha.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: