skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
General rule of thumb is to give everyone space. Allow for growth and movement of mushrooms. All members in discsoma (anemone, mushrooms, ricordea etc) species have a sting, and can damage other corals.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
The less fancy mushrooms tend to multiple like crazy and some folks like to keep them confined to their 'own' rocks so they don't overgrow the corals around them if they get out of control.
They can be in close proximity ( a few inches), but better not to be right on top of them.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Mushrooms multiply like crazy? Not likely it'll be years before you get a new head.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
LOL. If you know what your doing and even if you dont mushrooms multiply like crazy. I just upgraded in Sept. I had one rock with 5 to 10 shrooms and already they are starting to grow like mad. About to kill some off during the next water change

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
So if we know what were doing or don't know mushrooms still multiply like crazy? Interesting I guess I'm just unlucky with 7 diff mushrooms from 4 diff vendors lol.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I can also say I made mad money since September, don't mean it happens automatically for everyone else is what u ppl don't seem to realize w your perfect tanks where everything is just wonderful.

carlpica

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Common Discosoma, red, green, blue, striped, etc... will multiply a lot. Some of the more rare "furry" mushrooms? I am not sure as I have never had them. Ricordea Florida, Ricordea Yuma, could take a year ... Also depends a lot on tank conditions. Although not fully clear, the original post referred to both I believe.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: