Brad15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
Tank is 15 months old. Its a 65 with a 20 gallon sump. 2 little fishies Gfo reactor and separate carbon reactor. 300w titanium heater. Bubble magus nac 3.5 skimmer. Filter sock holder. Ato with 5 gallon container. Apex jr for light and heater. 2 ecotech mp 10's running wireless. Ati powermodule with ati bulbs. 3 blue plus. 1 purple. 2 coral. Actinics run 9 hours. Everything else runs 5 hours. I use chaeto in sump. Bioload consists as follows:
1 clownfish, 1 mccoskers wrasse, 1 tomini tang, 2 chromis, 2 firefish, 1 watchman goby, 1 cardinal. Cuc of snails and hermits.
Corals: torch, frogspawn, red bubble tip, some sps sticks, and zoas. Blasto, candycane, a can, shrooms.
I started tank with all dry rock. Struggled early with alk calc mag #s but have maintained a regiment of testing 2-3x a week to try to nail it. 8-8.5. 450. 1350-14. Using salifert kits. Red sea mag. My problem is trying to get the proper balance of nutrients and nitrates for growth. I have practically none. Zoas dont spread and some barely open. I always run 0 nitrates and phos. The tank looks sterile and too white. Pale colors. Coraline is a couple of specs on glass and overflow. I feed 1-2x day when I can. I supplement oyster feast fuel and zooplankton throughout the week. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Brad15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
Also supplement code a/b and tech m when needed. Also tried nitrates dosing too for a brief period. Do 10 gallon changes every 2x using esv salt.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: