Brad15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
Someone please tell me what this means or how to do it properly? My 65 is 15 months old, started with dry rock, has a mix of all types of coral, has a good sized bioload, and the tank looks sterile and pale. Have the best equipment and I'm failing. Test 2-3x a week for numbers balance. Im dumping coral foods, pellets, frozen, all throughout the week. Help please.

Brad15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
9 fish. Plus clean up crew and a peppermint. I test 2-3 sometimes 4x a week cuz I'm obsessed with trying to find a pattern to dose when needed. And so far I'm only having to add alk and mag. Very rare adding calc cuz it doesn't really budge. Using code a/b and tech m. Using salifert kits and a Hanna phos. 0 nitrates and 0 phos.

Brad15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
Ati powermodule. Actinics on for 9 hours. Daylights on for 5 hours. Do a 10 gallon change every 2 weeks. Esv salt. Sand bed. Problem is after 15 months my tank looks sterile. Pale and pastel colors. Barely no coraline. Few specs here and there on overflow and on glass. But fades away on glass. 1st coral or two were zoas. Have not spread whatsoever. And we are talking radioactive dragon eyes. And not fully open too. Tank is just blah. No deep vibrant color. Best way to describe it is that corals are alive but in no way are they thriving.

Brad15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
I've been told to feed the tank. And I believe Im overfeeding the tank and seeing no results. And with overfeeding comes cyano on sand bed and more junk for algae in my sump to consume.

drej424

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
If you were over feeding, you would have nitrates and algae blooms. You have a clean up crew, fish, and corals so you must have some movement in the tank, right? Is your protein skimmer picking up stuff? Do you have macro in your sump? Maybe any excess nutrients are being taken up by your skimmer and macro?
You could increase your photo period and see if coral growth increases. But it sounds like you're off to a great start with your system. Do you have pods in your sump?

Brad15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
u4u6ezuz.jpg

Brad15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 85.7%
18   3   0
Temp is 77.4.
Tank is 15 months old.
Pic of those two frag discs with zoas are a year old. One on left is 2 small rastas. One next to it is radioactive dragon eyes. Also a year old. Both alive but sometimes open. And as you can see a year old and barely growth. That doesn't look good to me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: