SI-Reef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gallon BIO cube running an XM 150 Watt 20000K Metal Halide Bulb which i need to replace shortly.

I was thinking about trying the Phoenix Metal Halide 14K Bulb

Should stay with the XM or switch over to the Phoenix?

ReefWreak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I'm glad to see that the Phoenix 14k is still the DE lamp of choice (I'm getting back into the hobby after a 5-6 year hiatus).

Radiums or XM 10k are my SE bulbs of choice (Single Ended/Mogul socket; Nanos and other thin profile fixtures use DE - Double Ended).

The Phoenix are just the right amount of white and crisp blue. Should be a nice in-between of your XM 20ks and what you might get from a whiter bulb. Have your XM 20ks been "dull" or dim at all? That's all I can remember about XM 20ks, that relative to radiums they were dimmer and not as vibrant.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Umm.... huston we got a problem... all sites say the phoenix 14k bulb has been discontinued? :( I replace my bulbs every summer and just went online to look to buy replacement bulbs and they are gone! I dont know what to do, ive been using these bulbs for about 7 years.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Sorry, didnt mention I need the 250 watt DE bulbs. I see the 150s are in stock everywhere still, but sites say the 250 bulbs were discontinued. I don't know what to do. These have been my go to lights for so long. Anyone know similar lights at a similar price point?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: