Gancoob

Newbie fishi-mon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I recently repurposed my two little fishes media reactor with biopellets. I followed all directions to convert the reactor and only used half of the recommended amount of pellets. My pellets are completely tumbling. I thought I had made my life easier!

I was warned about the whitish cloud-style algal bloom that might occur after a few days of running. That did happen, but then subsided and my water went back to crystal clear.

At least a week later, my water is cloudy again. Has this ever happened to anyone, is this normal? Should I be taking any drastic measures to correct this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you water quality is fine I wouldn't bother with a water change. It will just get cloudy again. If you have an air pump you might want to add it to increase the DO levels. Reducing the flow through the reactor will also help.

Last edited by a moderator:

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
When I had Bio pellets I remember it happen to me. I was also told its normal. I believe nothing bad besides its cloudy. It's bacteria bloom which doesn't effect the water chemistry. Let it run it's course and add a little more each week. Each day it will get better. May take a few days to a week.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: