oro50

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I read up on how certain additional elements can help algae growth, such as adding phosphates to the water?

However I found out that by promoting algae growth, one reason why this is a bad idea is because this extra growth will deplete more oxygen in the water that means less for the fish (s) in it and other invertebrates someone might have in their system?

On the other end though, I also have two turbo snails that seem to be eating like nuts every minute of every day, and I'm concerned I don't have enough algae growth to satisfy their appetites as well as my maragita snails, and nassarus snails, and my bumblebee, (whom I haven't even seen around in three or four days???)

thus my point is, I would think then it would be a good thing to promote algae growth in order to maintain a adequate buffet for the cleanup crew I have?

C

Cu455

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Leave your tank alone. It looks nice let it develop on it's own. Don't add anything don't promote any algae growth. Your snails will find food. If you are worried put a small piece of nori in the tank.

jvu61

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
part depends on if it is a fish only or you keep corals. algae as a rule grows because the water quality is less then what most consider good for corals. also the clean up crew will also feed on left over food and such.

Jlavine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Do not add anything to your tank you are not testing for. Shoot for good water, not high phosphates. For your tank you do not want algae growth. One day it's a tiny bit, then next days it's out of control.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: