oro50

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to feed my juvenile red maroon clownfish a varied diet, but one that will promote it's immune system, keep it generally healthy and allow it to grow naturally?

I have four different type of flake foods, but it seems to like the prime reef flakes I have (which I believe are coated with brime shrimp) the most.

I also have pellet food but right now it's mouth is not big enough to eat the pellets. I tried to crush them too, but then those bits became too small for it to see.

I also fed it some brime as well as mysis shrimp. Yet whenever I feed it these foods (which I defrost first for about 40-45 minutes); I've noticed that it doesn't seem to care for this type of food, (because it just kinda spits them out). My question is that from what I read this type of fish is suppose to eat anything, yet my red maroon juvenile clownfish seems to be extremely picky?

Any suggestions on any other types of food so it has a more varied diet.

Like I said I have 3 types of flake food right now and eventually I will feed it some of the pellets I have when I think it's gotten a bit bigger to eat these pellets but until then I'm just wondering what other types of food a juvenile red maroon clownfish might like?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
What type of pellets are you feeding it? As they come in different sizes, you just may need to get the smaller size one. I feed Spectrum pellets, Thera A, which come in all different sizes, as do the other kind of Spectrum pellets. I would skip the brime shrimp but the Mysis is ok. They also sell Formula I and Prime Reef in frozen packs, your fish will probably accept this instead of the flake.

If the Clown is eating, swimming good, and looks good, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just give it time, it will start to eat other things, as clowns will usually eat just about anything.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: