Trump

ReefO'
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I live in lower Westchester as a lot of you do and I?m sure we all have the same issue weather we realize it or not. Every now and then when external city pipes are being worked on, flushed, fire department use a hydrant, or whatever happens?. our water comes out with a rusty brown dirty look to it. It can?t be good for us to drink but over the 30 years living here, I?m sure I have drank gallons of it without even know it? ice maker, direct water line to coffee pot, glass of water in at night in the dark so on and so on. I'm sure it has made it into my fish tanks as well but I have never seen it happen. Saturday into Sunday I was making 90 gallons of RO water. Early Sunday I topped off my tank, made some salt water and then let it continue making water. A little while later I went to the kitchen to make some food, as I started to fill a pot with water I realized the water had that dirty rusty look to it.

So with the apex, auto refill RO systems and all our other reef toys, how do you all deal with this issue?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: