pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Koralias are notorious for the impellers going backwards or in reverse when restarted or used in an on/off wave maker mode.
Suggest you turn it on and off until it flows in the right direction or you can be impatient like me and stick something into the prop to stop it then let it spin to see if it corrects itself, might take a few times this way also. Try the on/off first if your afraid the other way may break something.

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
koralias are notorious for the impellers going backwards or in reverse when restarted or used in an on/off wave maker mode.
Suggest you turn it on and off until it flows in the right direction or you can be impatient like me and stick something into the prop to stop it then let it spin to see if it corrects itself, might take a few times this way also. Try the on/off first if your afraid the other way may break something.

+1

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
If you powerheads are going into reverse I would make sure the front is covered or get a new one. I am pretty sure that my powerhead went into reverse and took my puffer in.

20140506_072426_zpsfd09a5ed.jpg

ssminnow81

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.7%
67   3   0
Also there's a small round rubber pc on the inside cage of the powerhead. If that comes loose it will make the impeller go in reverse for whatever reason. Open it up and see if there's anything moving around

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Call me crazy but I've never had this happen.....and I am a big koralia fan and have used a ton over the years; initially the 4s and then switched out for magnum 8s. Love them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: