randysnyc

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 46 gallon bow front tank fully cycled with live rock and a USA Orbit Marine LED system. My return pump is pretty strong for one side but also bought a nice power head but want to make sure I place it correctly. I will put it on the opposite side that my return pump is facing but do I face it toward my front glass and my return toward my back glass? It will be about 4 or 5 inches from my closest rock so not sure if I should be blasting it that way as I will eventually be covering all my rock with coral. Any advice would help greatly.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Hi Welcome to MR :)

With a 46 bow, pointing a powerhead toward the front glass should provide you with good flow all around as it will bounce off that curve. If you point each f them toward the center- where they clash should give you good water movement in the center of the tank as well..and hopefully good movement on the surface of the water as well!

What type of power head did you add?

The only thing that could impede the flow is your rock placement..can you possibly post a pic of the the tank so we can see? :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: