oro50

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a very small whitish/reddish discoloration on the top right side of my fish's head.

I read that ich parasites can attach themselves to this area in a fish, so I'm a bit worried that my fish might possibly have ich.

It's kinda hard to see, but I took a picture where I think you can make out this slight mark on my fish's head.

I was hoping at first it was just a sand flake or maybe a piece of food that fell on it's head, but it has had this little discoloration mark for at least more than a day (since I noticed it).

I also noticed in the last few days little white things? moving around in my tank? I'm not sure if these are new unwanted live rock hitchhikers or something else?

I'm not sure how this might have happened. I essentially only have one little saltwater red maroon clownfish in my 20 gallon tank. I do maintenance frequently enough, and I just did a water change a week ago, and this last time I did the last change on my tank, I only let a week pass before doing it.

This time I am going to wait 2 weeks until the next one, but even the next scheduled water change is just one more week away.

Besides my fish I only have about 10 or 11 cleaner crew buddies. My sandbed is only six months old too, and thus my filters are too. I even got a another powerhead in the last few days to increase flow in my tank, and I just replaced two old filter sections in my HOB filter unit, so again I'm unsure if this mark does indicate the ick parasite where it came from?

Anyway here is the picture I have.

Thanks for any help

20150329_160436.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: