BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have a innovative marine Ghost protein skimmer mid size and it's causing micro bubble hell in my tank....I know it's the skimmer because when I turn it off my tank becomes clear as day...I played with the water level I tried tuning the skimmer and nothing....does anyone have any tips trying to stop this?

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
It takes long to break these in.
Don't clean it either, I did that as well and had to re-break it in.

It's assembled properly? Meaning The pump.

When I had to re-break it in again, i put small floss around it going into the baffles to catch as much as possible.

BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'm pretty sure the pump is assembled properly...where did you put the floss? and what kind of floss was it? i have it tuned really low right now less bubbles. Ive had this thing about 2 months now i just realized the bubbles were there

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I'm pretty sure the pump is assembled properly...where did you put the floss? and what kind of floss was it? i have it tuned really low right now less bubbles. Ive had this thing about 2 months now i just realized the bubbles were there

New tank? Probably just now breaking in, without anything to remove it may just be starting.

Also- try moving the return pump opposite of the skimmer side in the middle chamber. (Nuvo tanks). Tuck it under the opposite chamber alittle. Helps the skimmer water to not drop directly on the pump.

Floss- can be any filter floss, just tuck around it, not to much as it will restrict the Out flow alot. I used the blue / white ones.

Just need to keep playing with the settings, I now have it cranking up with no bubbles.

I personally am debating on even keeping this skimmer.

BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The tank isn't new...I'm the new one at this...it was skimming nice in the beginning but I never realized it was bubbles in my tank...like I said I have it tuned real low...I'll try the floss...I'm also debating on keeping this skimmer I may go with a aquamax I also here good things about the tunze...thanks for you help

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: