oro50

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coral blue 460NM T8 bulb. It states that I can use this bulb with Zoo Med's UltraSun trichromatic Super Daylight bulb for corals (which I also have as well).

Anyway though I am wondering if this bulb is sufficient for just one coral fragment I'm thinking about buying?

I have a 20 L gallon saltwater tank, which has one red maroon juvenile clownfish.

This tank is also 6 months and 2 weeks old going on +1 day.

I also have four types of devices creating aeration into my tank. I have two powerheads, 1 Hob filter meant for a 30 gallon tank, and 1 fluval 106 canister filter.

I also have a light sandbed, (which has been in my tank for the last half of year 2 weeks + 1 day). I haven't been able to successfully use my gravel vac yet on this sand, so essentially it has been left undisturbed, but it hasn't been vacuumed either.

I'm mentioning these details about my tank to first see if

1. Is my tank really ready to try to take care of even a coral fragment?
2. In combination with the details about my tank, are my current bulbs at least sufficient to support a coral or do I really need better lights and if I do what Kelvin range is best without breaking the bank?

Thanks

Jlavine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
In most people's hands your tank would have been ready for coral a long time ago. But to optimally take care of coral, you would have to redo your tank probably and follow people's advice. Check your old threads on lights, water movement and filtration. And do not gravel vac your sandbed.

Jlavine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
You can have also already taken me up on my offers to visit and review everything and give you a free $200 T5 fixture. That time has passed my friend.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: