Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers,

This is Dan. And I've been reefing for over two years now... My tank has been a huge success even though I've lost a couple fish and coral but over all everything has grown 100 times its original size.

It's now time to upgrade... And this is where I need HELP!

I'm taking down my current system and placing the new one in its place. I don't know how to do it or where to begin to make the switch...

Any advice is welcome!!!

Thank you and and happy reefing

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers,

This is Dan. And I've been reefing for over two years now... My tank has been a huge success even though I've lost a couple fish and coral but over all everything has grown 100 times its original size.

It's now time to upgrade... And this is where I need HELP!

I'm taking down my current system and placing the new one in its place. I don't know how to do it or where to begin to make the switch...

Any advice is welcome!!!

Thank you and and happy reefing

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Here's what I did. I went from a 14g to a 34g. I also did the same when I went from a 72 to a 110. Do water changes and save the old water in buckets. When you are ready to do swap, use as much old water as possible. You want a least half of old water, so it will be like a huge wc. I think on my 14 to 34 ot was even like 80% new water, because I thought I had more water, but rocks made it less. Have a spare tank w a heater m powerhead. Place all livestock in there with old water. Move tank and all equipment to new spot, check for levelling, then leak test, then fill tank. I left my corals amd fish in the spare small tank for about 2 days. Places the simple corals first, waited an hour, then try another, and another. Then do fish last. Hope this helps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: