Keilon

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. first time posting and and new to manhattan reefs scince yesterday. kinda new to the to reefing and i have a 36 gallon bow front. just finished setting up my 90 galllon ive put live rock from my old tank in to the sump of new one. how long do i need to wait before i can put my fish in the new one? five mabye 10 minutes?:scratch:

greengny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
You need to see if the movement of the rocks caused a mini-cycle. (Assuming the LR was live to begin with). I would check your Ammonia and Nitrite for a few days to ensure that they remain at 0.

If > 0, then prime the tank with some off the shelf bio-bacteria (or use a shrimp). Wait for zero's.

If = 0, then you should be fine to slowly add some live stock. But stock slowly so you don't overwhelm the smaller tanks biolife/bacteria.

Good luck with your move.

Keilon

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did put a couple of rocks in the sump from my 36 and my yellow tail dem that I dont like cause he killed my tan to hopefully speed things up. I was hoping to have them in the 90 by thanksgiving. My wife loves the fish but doesn't want to see 2 tanks when company comes over. So I'll have to try the bio in a bottle.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: