Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Man it's been a while since I've been on this site. Crossed over the West African Cichlids. Looking to get an all in one. Before I go for the Coralife, I am hoping to count on advice from my old friends on MR. If I had any, if not, always ready for new ones..

Is there a better set up out there. Any issues with the Coralife.

Thanks,
Brian

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
With the C-series they now use siliconed front/side panels whereas the previous generation (D-series), they had a one piece molded glass for the front/side panels. Sort of like the Bio-Cubes, a PIA to keep algae free with a magnet device.
Also a slightly improved rear chamber design from the previous generation.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
But IMO, they all have heat issues due to the hood concept. I converted my previous generation RSM 250D to LEDS and can keep my temps within parameters with just an additional fan in a climate controlled room during the summer. With the OEM T5s, a chiller was a necessity!
While a hood looks clean, heat issues would make the E-series very appealing to all-in-one followers.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
No, what I mean is, it seems that some of the necessary components need to be in the stand. Or can the tank itself be used on it's own, without any stand ?

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
The tank can be used by itself without their stand but no retailer sells just the tank. The only component in the stand in which you do not need to operate the tank is the power center. It's just a power strip with individual on/off toggles.

Mr.First

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Anyone know how to unscrew the three bolts that hinge the top of this unit. I keep turning while holding the wing but i'm not getting anywhere ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: