STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I started my Cube in the begininning of this year. It has the stock lighting with the led bars added. (all blue) I bought it used so I put new pcf lights in it. I added an aquatic life 115 skimmer, and a jebao rw-4 pump. 150 watt neo therm heater. I added about 25 lbs of live rock and a 20 lb bag of live sand. Filled it with a mix of Nutri seawater and rodi water with salt added. Watched my levels rise and fall then after I added the cleanup crew (got it Bklyn Zoo) (red and blue leg hermits) and snails and having the lights on for about 8 hrs a day I noticed my temps hovering around 82 degrees and purchased a chill solutions csxc-1 chiller with solved that problem. Added my shrimp (Bklyn Zoo)( 2 cleaner and one fire). waited another week and all my water parameters were still good so i added a few small coral frags (POP)( 3 types of zoas -- eagle eyes, utter chaos, and a purple one??) and one head of candy cane. Also added a (Bklyn Zoo)Coral Beauty Angel. Waited another week and everyone looks happy and healthy and my parameters were all still great so i got a bunch of nicer corals for free from a coral shop by me. (POP)( 2 zoas-- utter chaos/ sunny d combo frag, and a unstoppable gobstopper with about 8 polyps & 2 Acan frags with two heads each) and another dwarf angel -- (POP)Eibli ( i know the angels are iffy at best but i Love them so I'm taking the chance.) I've been off the last few days and my tank is in my office so I'm hoping everyone is happy alive and healthy when i get back. Yesterday i was at another shop by my house and they were having a 1/2 off sale on all corals so i picked up a few more frags (Pets Aquatic)( I Know I'm rushing it but they were nice pieces for 1/2 off !!!! couldn't resist) 1 mushroom, 2 chalice, and one nuclear green gonipora. I pick them up tomorrow on my way to work. Ill be doing a water change this week and watching my numbers. I run carbon and GFO in my rack filter in the rear compartment of the tank. Ill post pictures and water parameters tomorrow.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Pics

some pics couldn't get them all to upload

Attachments

• IMG_9035.jpg
    IMG_9035.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_9033.jpg
    IMG_9033.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_8942.jpg
    IMG_8942.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_8926.jpg
    IMG_8926.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_9056.jpg
    IMG_9056.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 463

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
The first pic is the new 1/2 price frags. the second is the 1/2&1/2 frag of utter chaos and sunny d's, the third pic is the 8 polyps of gobstoppers?? (thats what a online guy said his best guess from the picture which i know is blurry) and the last 2 are the rock in my tank. Everything is under the 10k and actinic lights. I have a bunch of pics under just the actinic where some stuff really pops ill try to post from my phone.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
2 angels.

I have two dwarf ahead in there. And eibli and a coral beauty. The coral beauty gives me zero problems and the eibli isn't that bad. I just love the Angels I'd get more if I could. I'm sure coral gets picked on in nature. Ibs never seen him ripping flesh off. Just seems to swim by and give a quick pick. Time will tell.

fritzy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Striperviper, I had two 29 gal Biocubes and now down to one as I'm selling them now. The one I have has a Wingo LED retro fit hood. The hood is in great shape, it's about two years old!!! Figured I would let you knw, just I case you want LED lights and have a spare hood!?

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Latest pictures

Everyone doing great. Switched out the Angels because they were picking at my corals. Got a fairy wrasse and a blue spot. All my frags and Zoas are well and Zoas are popping out some new polyps. Chalices seem to be growing onto the rock work as I had hoped.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 187

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: