Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I can't tell you about that light but as for cyphastrea, they're some of the toughest corals i've ever kept..

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I can't tell you about that light but as for cyphastrea, they're some of the toughest corals i've ever kept..

I think your light is fine for both of them, I agree with Dre cyphastrea is pretty simple and once its happy it takes off, chalices can be tricky. I would pick up an encrusted chalice frag and see how it does before dropping a bunch of cash on an expensive piece

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I got two cheap chalice frags. One is definitely dying off but seems that it might be coming back now. The outside bleached and got green from algae. But the area around the mouths stayed purple so I'm holding out hope. The other is a bright green but I can't tell if it's doing well. It's kept its bright green color so I'm assuming it's doing ok. Everything I've read on cyphestrea leads me to believe I should be able to keep it because it seems most people put it at the very bottom or in shade and it does well. I'll probably get a cheaper frag see how it does and decide from there. I was just trying to see if anyone had any personal experience with these specific corals under the stock Biocube lighting. Thanks for the advice.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: