KK009

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - new to MR, great forum you all have here!

Two questions - I added two frags, one GSP and one "unknown" at this time, LFS gave it to me. My emerald crab has basically shredded the purple mat of the GSP and this am found him lifting the plug over his head and tossing off the top of my LR. Not looking to de-stock the crab so soon so looking for any suggestions on combatting. And yes I've direct fed this ahole Mysis for a few days running now.

2nd being should I get a plug holder for frags to mount out of harms way till bigger?

Thanks!

Last edited:

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Welcome to MR!

I have a Welcome Frag Pack for you when ever you're ready,
if you going serious about reefing take out that crab, and isolate your GSP or it may go out of control soon,

enjoy your stay and read the site rules when you have a chance,

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Welcome! Crabs are so bad for me,,I gave up on all of them and even hermits,,(they were killing my snails and taking their shells!) GSP looks cool, and theres a lot of great people on here that will practically give it away,, but you've got to check out how that would look if you let it grow for a while. All these guys with very nice tanks and years of experience are no stranger to getting in and chiseling and chopping coral to get out of their tank.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yup, you've learned one of the newb lessons--emeralds can be ...less than pleasant houseguests. You may end up having to either get rid of the crab (give him to someone who has a huge tank or a fish only?) or protect the corals until they are grown in enough to be better established.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: