scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I plan to setup barebottom reef tank, do I have put anything between rocks and glass bottom? The rock shape edges should not cause any cracking or stress?

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
It's a personal choice of say. One that varies on what you plan to do with the tank. Many would suggest a falling rock in a BB tank is a tragedy waiting to occur. When mine was setup I had nothing under the rocks and start led the rock work on the bottom glass. After one or two tumbles I got nervous and picked up a. Play PVC sheet in dark grey and rescaled the tank and its contents. I would say if you have nothing in the tank now not terrible idea to consider starboard or similar. Mike C has a nice setup and you can't notice his starboard at all. Like most things in hobby it's what your comfortable doing with your setup

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yeah man, personal preference trumps everything. I noticed a few guys are using acrylic rods and such for the base rocks to keep them stable and off the glass directly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: